Good evening guys and gals! We've had a lot of new members joining so I just wanted to take a second to explain some things about this group.
This group has a no tolerance rule for any sort of negativity. Consider this group "happy land" like a little sheep frolicking through the grassy fields. There will be no rudeness or negativity towards another member. If it does happen, you will be lucky if you get a warning before being kicked. We are here to educate and have fun.
We have almost 10k members here.... That being said my Admins and I aren't going to see nor catch every question or situation that needs handling. We rely on members helping by tagging us on threads they see need our attention. That doesn’t mean something is wrong, there are MANY conversations going on at one time. This helps us out a lot!
We have all worked very hard to put together various care and information sheets in the group files and photo albums. You can find these files on the top of the group page or by clicking here:
Photo Albums: https://www.facebook.com/groups/329146580586086/photos/…
DO NOT EVER ADD, CHANGE, EDIT OR DELETE ANY OF OUR FILES/PHOTO ALBUMS IN THIS GROUP IF YOU ARE NOT AN ADMIN. IF YOU DO IT IS GROUNDS FOR BEING BANNED FROM THE GROUP.
1. We will NEVER debate SAND substrate here! It's like debating religion or politics and it's NOT allowed. If you see someone post a picture of their dragon in SAND, DO NOT comment about the SAND! It is my and my Admins job to inform people if their dragon is in harm’s way via PM. We will handle it! NOBODY will be ganged up on here because of sand! If you need info on sand please pm me and I'd be glad to help.
2. It's best to leave sensitive subjects such as: cohab, loose substrate, pinkie feeding, and colored lights for Admins to handle. We are all very knowledgeable in all these areas so you just need to tag us and leave it alone. Everyone has an opinion, but we don't need 10 people telling someone that it’s not a good idea to cohab in 10 different ways when they never asked for advice.
3. ALL SALES/ADVERTISING IN THIS GROUP must be approved before you post! PM an Admin if you want to advertise something. Any post that has not been approved will be deleted.
a) If you are a bearded dragon breeder and want to sell/advertise your dragons in this group you must first message an Admin with your website or FB dragon page link so we can review it and we will let you know what we decided ASAP.
b) Any other type of sales/advertising must be approved by Cameo Hall and added to our list in the files section of the group. If you see your name on the list you’re all good.
c) Don't advertise your bearded dragon group in this group please, I find it rude.
d) Please don't post craigslist ads of bearded dragons for sale.
e) Fundraising and Go fund me or anything similar isn't allowed. People have been taken advantage of by raising money in our group and not using the money for their sick dragon so it's not allowed any longer.
The names on the approved sells list are people that I have dealt with and have had great service from. They also have great prices and customer service. Many of them help our group out with the fun prizes and giveaways we have so this is my way of helping them out as well. If you would like to be added to the list please PM me and we can discuss it.
4. We don't support the reckless breeding of your dragons in any way, shape, or form. If you accidentally breed your dragons we will provide you with the most humane way to dispose of the eggs and care for your female after, but we will not condone an inexperienced person incubating eggs nor will ANY OF OUR MEMBERS! You need to do your research in FULL before you attempt to breed dragons.
5. DO NOT give advice that isn't asked for. That's for my Admins and I to do, not members. A person who is offended won't even take your advice into consideration. If the person just posted a picture with no question then KEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELVES. If you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all. Tag an Admin and leave it be!
6. Don't take in a rescue if you don't have full capability of paying for everything it needs. Rescuing and then asking for donations isn't allowed. A dragon that's on Craigslist doesn't need to be rescued because it's on sand. Go to a rescue and rescue a dragon. Craigslist dragons are for sale not rescue. Buying from a pet store or chain isn't called rescuing either.
7. If an Admin asks for there to be no further comments on a thread or if you see the “STOP SIGN” we are doing it for a good reason so please don't be that guy/girl to comment after we ask you not to and get kicked from the group.
8. Post all non dragon reptiles on Tuesday’s only and all fur babies on Thursday’s only please.
There's more than one way to take care of a Bearded Dragon and not everyone is going to do it the same. Yes, some ways are better than others, but all you can do is offer your advice/opinion (when asked for) and let that person decide what to do from there. No need in feeling some type of way because they don't take your advice. These dragons are like kids to many of us and nobody wants to be told how to raise their kids or told they are a bad parent so watch what you say to others. If I see any bashing/disrespect to other members I will be booting people on site for it. This is a no drama group and I intend on keeping it like that. I will continue to keep working to make this group a fun, amazing, learning, networking experience for everyone here.
MY ADMINS AND I WILL TAKE CARE OF THE EDUCATING, ALL MEMBERS NEED TO DO IS ENJOY THE GROUP.
Thank you all for being a part of this group and helping to keep BDO running effectively! If there are ever any issues please tag an Admin or PM myself or an Admin.
Your Admins are:
Cameo Hall - Arizona USA - Mountain Time - UTC/GMT -7 hours
Joseph Schutty - Florida USA- Eastern Time - UTC/GMT -4 hours
Justin Huynh- California USA - Pacific Time - UTC/GMT - 8 hours
Andrea Perkins - Wisconsin USA - Central Time - UTC/GMT - 5 hours
Suzie Hickman-Sambenedetto - New Jersey USA - Eastern Time - UTC/GMT -4 hours
Dariana Garcia Perez - Texas USA - Central Time - UTC/GMT - 5 hours
John Galvan - Arizona USA - Mountain - UTC/GMT -7 hours
Jimmy Rustler - Australia - Australian Eastern Time - UTC/GMT +10 hours
Mary Ann - Ohio USA - Eastern Time - UTC/GMT -4 hours
Marlene Galvan - Arizona USA - Mountain - UTC/GMT -7 hours
Jason Wimer - Texas USA - Central Time - UTC/GMT - 6 hours